Heller 1:125 Airbus a380

Just managed to get hold of the Heller airbus a380 in AirFrance colours. Just wondering what engines the Air France model has and are there any real problems i will encounter when i begin to build

Edited by paul montague

Just managed to get hold of the Heller airbus a380 in AirFrance colours. Just wondering what engines the Air France model has and are there any real problems i will encounter when i begin to build

Hi Paul - congrats getting hold of one, they're quite rare! I'm still working on mine after a year or so but I've not been working solidly on it so could have finished it by now really! The biggest challenges I've faced so far are the distorted rear fuselage sections, and I had a problem with one of the wings being distorted, for which I managed to get replacement parts from Heller. The fuselage sections just need a bit of filler and lots of sanding and smoothing to bring them up to the correct line - length wise the alignment is fine, but they have a slight dip in them just forward of the tailfin which is quite prominent when viewed nose to tail. Also there is some moulding shrinkage/pitting on the underside of the wings, on the trailing edge flap sections which needs filling.

Overall a really nice, well detailed kit but it is a challenge! (an enjoyable one though) - best of luck!