Here are some images of the Boomerang build. This is a really fun model. There are tons of fiddly little things to be added to the cockpit, but everything seems to have been thought out by Special Hobby when they designed the kit. Given the complexity of the cockpit, I am amazed at how little I have had to do to get things to fit. Once completed, everything from the engine all the way back through the cockpit will be one assembly.

Here are some images of the cockpit:

pit1.jpg

pit2.jpg

pit3.jpg

pit4.jpg

port_pit.jpg

star_pit.jpg

Here is the instrument panel. The detail inside the dials was a little soft, so rather than dry brush it, I added some Mike Grant decals. No, they don't match the actual instruments, but in looking at what was on the decal sheet, I didn't have what I needed so I fudged it. Also, if you look in the photos of the cockpit above, there is what I assume is a compass in front of the stick, above and between the pedals. I added an instrument decal to the top of it, too. I haven't yet glued the the instrument panel in yet because that is likely going to require a little bit of work to fit properly.

instr.jpg

Here's the engine. All I did so far was add the cylinders to the hub. The engine comes with just about everything except the ignition wires, which I'll add. It's amazing how much detail they included, but it is all visible to some degree through the cowl flaps or the front of the landing gear well, as part of it is open.

engine.jpg

That's all for now.

Ted Culotta

Edited by tculotta