Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1/1000'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General Discussion - NO POLITICS
    • General Discussion
    • Tools 'n' Tips
    • Test Post Clubhouse
    • Research Corner
    • Forum FAQ
  • Sponsors' Forums
    • Zactomodels
    • Caracal Models
    • GT Resin Products Products
    • Reid Air Publications
    • Hobbydecal Dry Transfer System
    • Hobbystuff Depot
    • North American Hobbies
  • Aircraft Modeling Forums
    • Today's Birds
    • Jet Modeling
    • Props
    • Helicopter Modeling
    • Classic Aviation Forum
    • Sci-Fi Modeling
    • Airliner Modeling
    • Real Space Modeling
    • Dioramas
    • In-Progress Pics
    • The Display Case
    • Critique Corner
    • Aviation Art
    • Archives and Completed Events
    • Non-Aircraft Modeling
  • Group Builds
    • Current Group Builds
    • Completed Group Builds
    • Group Build Banners
  • Armor Modeling Forums
  • Auto Modeling Forums
  • Ship Modeling
  • Figure Modeling
  • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. Throughout the Yunagi build I have been alluding to the Andromeda which to some will be interesting in itself as it is the latest incarnation of the UNCF Flagship - essentially pushing the Yamato out of the way with its twin wave guns and more advanced technology. If I have understood it right, the Andromeda even shares some Gamillian technology after the joining up of the two previous enemies to fight off another group even more deadly than themselves - the Gatlantis At any rate, there was a lot of buzz amongst the SBY fans when it was announced that this: .... was coming out and if I am totally honest - I wasn't one of them. I don't particularly like the bridge section and I think it needs a better exhaust nozzle and some bigger and better fins. The rest of it is pretty cool though and I thought I could do something wit the rest of it, but so far, it hasn't quite worked out as planned. More on this later This kit comes prepackaged with lights and even a sound board but combined, they make it more toy like than a model - in the same way Revell do their Star Wars toys "models" I have elected not to use the lights or sound board and make do with my own lights. I probably should use the Wave gun lights but I just can't be bothered. I'd never use it and as it is, I hardly ever display the ships I have built with the lights turned on. Only at shows do they get switched on and that is pretty rare However, I do have some lights planned for this because my OCD kicks in every chance it can and I just can't help myself. Besides, it does add just a little extra something to a build. I am planning on adding 3-4 ships to a display: the Andromeda, Yunagi, a Dreadnought and a medical ship. I should get myself a 1/1000 Yamato to fly alongside as well..... I mentioned that things hadn't worked out as planned with the updated exhaust, so here's a quick look at an early failure. Because I never fully trust myself to do a proper job the first time round and I am scared I'll just completely root a valuable and core piece or equipment, I make resin copies to experiment with. At first, I had the pour points in the wrong place and I wasn't getting very good results. but with the purchase of some more silicon, I remolded the exhaust and managed (after many attempts) to make a couple of decent resin copies - and even then only 1 that was totally workable. I had made 16 individual petals as well in the design of the SBY Live Action movie and spent age measuring and drawing to get the shapes right. Last time I attempted this design, I tried to cheat and make some resin copies but that didn't work out so well and I stuck with the kit version. However, I thought I would give it another go this time but make each and every petal individually. All 16 of them. They were all uniform (mostly) and made using very thin plastic sheet which is no longer in production sadly. Good thing I bought heaps when I did. Anyway, I was pretty chuffed with myself and then after successfully creating a good solid copy I proceeded to start sticking on the petals. Well guess what? I screwed up my measurements and they didn't all fit on. This became a prime reason why I make resin copies first and foremost!! I have put the nozzle idea aside for now and will look at it again when I get back from my up coming mini-holiday. However, you can see how cool it could look and I think I will amend the design a bit to. Moving along now to the side thrusters. I have cut out the space in between the forward facing fins in order to facilitate a cool lighting effect I saw on a huge one built by a Japanese fellow (his one was 1 meter long!). Even though it's not technically show accurate, I just don't care and want to use this effect for myself. A bit of cutting here and there allows the transfer of wiring into the main body. Luckily, it was easy enough to make it work due to the way Bandai engineer these kits. The pictures should be self explanatory enough but if not, please feel free to ask anything. And a quick size comparison shot against the Yunagi: So, that is where I am up to right now. It doesn't seem like much but I spent wayyyy to much time screwing up making the exhaust nozzle and fins. Once I get back form my trip, I will be able to invest more time into this. I also have to finish off the Yunagi but there isn't much left of that one. As always, thanks for looking Si
  • Create New...