PBY-2 Catalina diorama WIP

Hi guys,

well yesterday I entered my diorama "In the Bocage" and won silver for it in the Junior category. As my prize I got a PBY-2 Catalina from Academy in 1/72. Well right away I knew what I wanted to do with it. Set it in a diorama. Here's a plan of what I have in mind:

Catalinadiorama.jpg

Here's the kits I have and want to use:

000000008702.jpg

PI000000025227.jpg

000000007831.jpg(only the willy's jeep)

PI000000025233.jpg(maybe the US Ambulance)

HEL79648Box.JPG

Also need to get figures. So if anybody has or knows of any good figures that I could use in this diorama please tell me. I want to get these figures from CMK too:

CZF72115.jpg

CZF72040.jpg

Looking for this set too:

PRE72502Box.JPG

So I plan on having quite a few figures on this scene. Some mechanics looking at the Catalina. Some pilots walking around. Some guys unloading the deuce and a half. And some other stuff. The docks I'm going to make from scratch.(plaster and balsa) This will be third diorama and my first attempt at water but I'm looking forward to doing this one. So I need lots of help though. I need pictures of docks. Of catalinas docked. Anything that you think could help me. I will start construction on the Catalina today I think. Will post some pics when I have progress.

Daniel :D

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm here with an update on the diorama. Sorry that's my first update is a little but I had a problem getting the paint for this diorama. Well I've changed my idea a bit. Here I've made a drawing again.

I already made the GPA and made some figures for it too. Just some paint on it and it's finished.

P9160086.jpg

P9160090.jpg

P9160088.jpg

P9160086-1.jpg

The inside of the catalina is done.(sorry for the quality of the pics)I'm now going to close it up and start on the outside.

P9160092.jpg

Will have another update as soon as I have one. Hope you guys like it. Maybe I'll get some better pics in the future too.

Daniel :o

• 3 months later...

Wow, that's pretty good - no wonder your last diorama won an award!

What really stands out for me is how well you've done the insignia, really has the painted-on look.

Looking forward to the rest of the build.