need tips for a rework

Guest Swordsman

Guest Swordsman

Hey,

I'm looking to rework an old assembled Academy F-14A into a B. Are there any aftermarket parts that can adequately represent the GE 110 engine? If not, is there anyone out there willing to sell me a pair, preferably in the closed position, but I'll settle for open if I have to. I've been looking hard for either -14B or -16 block 30 engine nozzles, but no luck. I'd prefer also not to have to buy a Revell Monogram -14D JUST for the engine nozzles (and they're open anyway).

take a look on ebay. there is a guy who has cast some very nice ones (also does some ECM pods). He will also sell off Ebay to you as well. A nice guy and good stufs (he sells them in pairs BTW)

Also the GE110 will be open on the ground. They open after the hydralic pressue bleads off and gravity wins

HTH

Robert

:wave:

Guest Swordsman

Thanks for the tip. Another guy already told me about it and I'm looking into it.

Also, yeah, I know about the nozzles being in the open position on the ground, but this kit's going to be hung from my ceiling in flight with the gear retracted and chasing a MiG-21. I'll need the closed nozzles for this job.