Some More Maineiac Tankers and an RAF VC-10 @ KBGR Today!

So after spending a day at work yesterday observing multiple groups of fighters arriving and departing Bangor, Maine, I decided that after a scheduled meeting this morning I would head over to the airport to try and track down some action. I could see an assortment of fighters on the flight line near the tower, however no access there and no chance at photos since none departed in the few hours I hung out. I was however treated to the departure of a Royal Air Force VC-10, XV104, the plane that up until earlier this year still carried a bright red tail and the RAF 40th Anniversary logo.

rafVC10xv104Oct242007a.jpg

There was at least one C-17, one C-5 and several Tornados again on site today. Yesterday there was a brief influx of F-16s as well, however their arrival was followed shortly thereafter by a mass exodus. There was also a Lear 35 in US Navy markings making multiple TNGs at KBGR today, however timing was not with me to land a photo of this plane - it was white with a blue/gold lightning bolt from nose to just forward of the wings on the fuselage.

Backing up a couple days, I was fortunate enough to be able to catch the Maineiacs first R-model KC-135 yesterday. They have a bunch now, however on March 28, 2007, their first KC-135R arrived at the 101st ARW in Bangor. That plane, 58-0098, has seen extensive flight time and was used heavily in training for the crews.

mangKC135R580098Oct222007h.jpg

Gear up and heading out off Runway 15...

mangKC135R580098Oct222007g.jpg

A nice side view showing the multiple Maineiacs markings that adorn the 101st planes...

mangKC135R580098f.jpg