Choosing between Iwata and Badger

Guest Carl98J

Guest Carl98J

Folks,

I am trying to make up my mind about which of these two to buy: an Iwata HP-BC, siphon feed, or an Badger 200-20 siphon feed.

Now, I have used an OLD Paasche H for almost 30 years, and it just doesn't cut the mustard any more. I need to be able to do finer lines with my new brush. A new compressor is also on the block, and I'm leaning to an Iwata Sprint Jet model.

Here's the big question. Which of these is easier to use and clean? I have never used a double action brush, so I'm somewhat lost at sea there. I plan on continuing to use the Paasche to do large area painting, and the other brush to do detail work.

I can get both brush and compressor from Dixie Art for about $250 US max, if I go the Iwata route totally.

I would appreciate your advice and opinions. By the way, could I get some sort of adapter which would allow me to dump the old compressor totally and use both brushes with the Iwata compressor?

TIA,

Carl Huffman

Carl,

Read the other and my responses in your other posting. Also, I got my brush/compressor combo from Dixie and they were great. With my order I got several different connectors. There was one for my Binks and also a Pasche that I had laying around.