Security Police vehicles

The white dust on the jeep is different, been runnng up and down crushed coral beaches on some pacific atoll? Love the XM-706, I've always liked the whole Cadillac Gage family of armored vehicles, too bad they were not more successful.

Is the XM-706 one of the new 1/35 Hobby Boss kits or the Verlinden resin?

I've been waiting forever for someone to do a V-150 in plastic and just saw Hobby Boss is not just doing one, they are doing a whole series of them. I'm wondering what the quality is going to be, I haven't seen any of their larger scale stuff. I'm hoping they eventually add a Commando Scout to the series.

The light grey is from the gravel that was used on some parking lots around base, especially the area around the armory and Central Security Control, as well as parts of the perimeter.

The kit is the Verlinden and I had to replace the entire top ararpit armor because they chose to mold it with a covered tarp which was never done because it covered up the weapons and made them useless. I built my own armor out of sheet plastic, adding the built-in weapons mounts, the secondary armor panel on the side with the fold down gun mounts, the blast doors, handles, and springs. The 90mm recoiless rifle sitting on the bace and the XM-174 automatic grenade launcherwith its 12 round clip I made using photos I took.

I also should have put the grey on the 706 but never got around to it. I'll have to fix that.

The kit Hobbyboss calls a 706 is a V-100 M.P. vehicle with a twin .30 caliber turret. I think they are making a V-150 and if they do I'll have to get one and paint it like the one operated by the Highway Patrol or the police dept in the next town.

I'd like for them to come out with a real 706 but until then I'll keep looking for another Verlinden kit.

Edited by ikar