E-2C wing folds

Hey all,

Just picked up an old Fujimi 72nd scale Hawkeye in a trade and I was wondering af anyone made a wing fold set for it.

I usually don't fold wings, but I thought it would look cool for something different.

BTW, scratchbuilding is not my strong suit :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Hey all,

Just picked up an old Fujimi 72nd scale Hawkeye in a trade and I was wondering af anyone made a wing fold set for it.

I usually don't fold wings, but I thought it would look cool for something different.

BTW, scratchbuilding is not my strong suit :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Goffy Model makes a nice wingfold set for that kit. We have some on order, but it's backordered right now. I checked a couple other places and didn't see one in stock. You might be able to find one on ebay if you're in a hurry.

Wolfpack also makes Hawkeye wingfolds, but I think they're designed for the Hasegawa kit.

Edited by jmathews

Hi Ian

I'm currently buildng the Has E-2C using the wolfpack wingfolds.

They are definitely made for the Hasegawa kit, but you may be able to use them on the Fujimi kit.

IMHO, you'd be better served by replacing your Fujimi kit with the Hasegawa kit as it an order of magnitude better and if your going go to the trouble (and expense) of buying a resin wingfold, you'd want to put it on the best kit available.

If you like to see the Wolfpack set up close, you can see my build progress (in the On The Bench section) here: Scalespot.com

cheers

Gary

I also have the Fujimi kit and looking out for the Goffy Models wing fold kit.

No luck yet and have also been considering just buying the Hasegawa kit and pick up the wolfpack wing fold as its not rare and is a better kit.

Thanks guys, I appreciate you getting back with me on this,

Sadly both are too expensive, on both sites from euros to dollars and pounds to dollars its $35 minuse postage and packaging

:tumble: guess im going have to see this roll on by :thumbsup: