Another Tamiya Block 32 Viper question...

I was skimming through the 1:48 Tamiya Blk. 25/32 ANG Viper instructions and found something I'm not real clear on. Step 5 it says to fill in a panel on the aft port side of the jet, just below the vertical stab. Step 7 shows filling in the same panel on the opposite side of the a/c. I researched this, looking through Jake Melampy's "Modern Viper Guide" and the Daco Viper book, and to me, it doesn't look like there's a panel there, but if I look at line drawings, it shows it. Fill them in, or no?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I'm building a Block 32, if it matters. I know what an F-16 is, and I can tell the difference between P&W and GE engines, and large-mouth and small-mouth intakes, but that's about it when it comes to my Viper knowledge...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

The directions about filling it in are correct. I think it's for a block 50 (and later) Viper. Even the C/N kit, which can be built up to block 40 according to the directions (though really up to a block 52 if you know where to ignore the directions--like filling in the panel line), it shows that the panel is filled in. So fill it in.

Mike Todd