MiG-15 bis / Polish Lim-2 version Tamiya 1/48

I am dedicating this model for all people serving and working in the 29th Fighter Regiment in Orneta [Poland], especially for my father [was serving in this regiment].

The 29th Fighter Regiment 01/1952 - 01/1969, based Orneta AFB [NE Poland], aircraft in use Jak-23, MiG-15bis [Polish version known as a Lim-2], MiG-17PF [Polish version known as Lim-5].

My model is from Tamiya kit 1/48 scale, cockpit - NeOmega and Eduard etched parts, flaps & undercarriage - Eduard etched parts and some own adds.

Special thanks for Ireneusz Tyczynski and Artur Pucyk for help with painting mask.

mig_15bis_by_marek1101-d30awwc.jpg

lim_2_005_by_marek1101-d35l28n.jpg

lim_2_003_by_marek1101-d35l1wn.jpg

lim_2_by_marek1101-d30ax7j.jpg

mig_15_cockpit___done_by_marek1101-d30axhe.jpg

lim_2_009_by_marek1101-d35l2wc.jpg

mig_15bis_undercarrige_bay_by_marek1101-d30axd7.jpg

All comments are welcome.....

.....regards Marek Swiderski /MiG-23 Flogger technician/.

Edited by marek_1101

Nice build Marek! Fantastic details!

Pompeo's post reminded me of something, did the PAF have a name or nickname for the MiG-15/Lim-2 (or anyother aircraft) or did the just use the manufacturere's designation? Or heaven forbid did they use the NATO designators?

Thanks

Tom Solinski

Pompeo's post reminded me of something, did the PAF have a name or nickname for the MiG-15/Lim-2 (or anyother aircraft) or did the just use the manufacturere's designation? Or heaven forbid did they use the NATO designators?

Thanks

Tom Solinski

Manufactures designation only, but technician using some "informal" names on aircraft, for example MiG-21 [all versions] szybki - speedy.