Creating window and canopy interiors

In my previous post - Zvezda/Revell Ilyushin-86 a - request was made to share my technique in creating cockpit and cabin interiors.

Here we go:

I start by creating a number of filled rectangles on a Microsoft Word document. These are black and light-grey filled.

MS_Windows_1.jpg

The grey block is a representation of a cockpit panel interior with a small dark-coloured paper bulkhead, usually attached to the wheelbay block to separate the cockpit from the cabin.

I try to vary the window designs by having closed, open and partially open/closed windows. I use Sellotape as a covering to give a glass window effect.

MS_Windows_2.jpg

These are taped inside the fuselage halves.

MS_Windows_3.jpg

From the outside it aims to represent a more effective interior when on display.

MS_Windows_4.jpg

For the cockpit I hope it looks more interesting than using a filled-in window frame decal found in many kits.

MS_Windows_5.jpg

Hopefully this is reflected well in these images of my (almost) completed Revell Sobelair 737-800 which has the silver window frame decals.

Sobelair737001.jpg

Sobelair737004.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

Graeme