F6F-3 Hellcat Markings

I need help. I am building Lt. Richard E. Stambooks cat mouth Hellcat. I do not know whether to add all the placards called out in Eduards instruction sheet. Searching the web I find a lot of conflicting pictures or pictures that do not show the fuselage clearly. I did apply the slash denoting the steps on the fuse according to the color plate in the instruction sheet. I am wondering if I should have done that? It's too late now as it's on to stay now because it's got a coat of future over it. I have also added all the decals called out for the prop. I found some period pictures with some props plain and some with just the Hamilton logos but no yellow prop spec lettering on any early props. One other thing is on some Cat's I notice the blue fuselage light is forward and the clear light aft on others just the opposite. Also one light lens is slightly larger than the other. I used after market tear drop shaped lights with the blue light forward and the clear aft. Is this right? I am confused...so any help is appreciated.

The answer to your question is, nobody knows. All any of us can do is look at photos, just like you can. Nobody here was there, and nobody that was there made notes for us to look at, so all we can do is look at available documentary evidence and go from there. If you see it in pics, put it on your model. If not, leave it off...

The good news is, most WWII aircraft had very little stenciling by modern standards, so leaving it off isn't that noticeable in most cases.

J

The answer to your question is, nobody knows. All any of us can do is look at photos, just like you can. Nobody here was there, and nobody that was there made notes for us to look at, so all we can do is look at available documentary evidence and go from there. If you see it in pics, put it on your model. If not, leave it off...

The good news is, most WWII aircraft had very little stenciling by modern standards, so leaving it off isn't that noticeable in most cases.

J

OK, Thank you very much for replying to my post. Do you know of any good websites showing WWII Hellcats? I have done a little searching but I haven't found anything That is that great. I am switching the lights. I had to apply some .010 eshcutions for the new lights to sit on.

J

OK, Thank you very much for replying to my post. Do you know of any good websites showing WWII Hellcats? I have done a little searching but I haven't found anything That is that great. I am switching the lights. I had to apply some .010 plastic stock eshcutions for the new lights to sit on.