Hase 1/48 Tomcat pitfalls?

Is there a "community build instruction" out there for the Hasegawa 1/48 Tomcat kit, like there is for its smaller cousin? I was offered an "Atlantic Fleet Squadrons" Tomcat for a third of retail the other day, which was too good to pass up, but I've never built one before and I can't really afford to waste this kit learning how *not* to build it, like I could for Revell's F-15E and F/A-18E. Since the kit looks engineered mostly the same way as the 1/72 kit which I've built twice, are the issues similar or is there even more to look out for?

(For the smaller kit, I discovered that the only thing you really need to get the intakes to look right is to install them first, using brush-on cement and holding on tight until it dries. This also straightens out the bottom piece, which seems to solve the issue with having to choose between having the nose point upwards and having a trench to fill on the spine. No trimming of parts needed!)

A few links for you:

ARC Link

HS link prt3 Mr. Aungst mentions that some of the kits have reworked intakes. Not all of them though, at least not at the time of that article.

More ARC links

Twomikes are doing seamless intakes.

Edit-I hope that these help. I managed to completely butcher my first 1/48 Tomcat. These would have helped me I think.

Edited by Av8fan

Yeah, these help a lot. I noticed I actually have a post in the first thread, but that's about the 1/72 version...

I'm kind of thankful I seem to have gotten old kit. There's no flash or other signs of mold wear on this - of the two 1/72 kits I've built, the older kit was by far the one that needed the least cleanup. Sadly, when *this* dwarf enters a fey mood, he gets put in a hospital and all his kits get thrown out. :/

SP