Revell to Iwata adapter

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on buying a new air compressor (the Iwata power jet pro) with a storage tank, since the one I have now doesn't have one (the Revell gamma).

Right now I use the Revell masterclass professional airbrush, but I wonder if there are connectors that can connect the Revell airbrush with the Iwata compressor.

The reason is because my airhose is a small plastic hose with a crappy connector that keeps shooting loose.

I'm kind of lost in the search and could not find info about this problem. All I can find is what they call adapter plugs with 1/4 and 1/8 measures. But I really don't know what all that means

and which kind I have to buy for my airbrush. I like to have a bit more solid hose with solid connections that won't break loose al the time.

Another problem is that I try to buy Iwata products from the Internet. But when I reach the checkout section to buy it, it gives me the message that this products are not delivered outside the UK. So than I try the Europe and Africa retailer section located in Italy. But there is no ad to cart or buy section, just info about the product and a list of retailers which i can't use :crying2:

If anyone can help me with this it would be a great help.

Greets, Peter from the Netherlands

The Iwata has both 1/4" outlets & quick release outlets, if you wanted to continue using the Revell hose I imagine that your current hose adapter for the Revell compressor is 1/4" at the compressor end & would fit straight onto the Iwata compressor. Your airbrush is neither 1/8 or 1/4", it's a Badger specific thread at M5x0.45 (Badger supply Revell with their airbrushes).

On the other hand, if you want to replace the hose as well, you could get a quick release hose & a Revell (Badger) quick release tail for your airbrush. like;

104083.JPG

If you are having difficulty getting one, we keep these in stock & already supply a few customers in your corner of the world.........

Dear Jet Bomber Fan,

Thanks for the reply. You are right about the hose and the 1/4 connector. This should fit onto the Iwata compressor.

I do want to replace the hose, so the info about the quick release hose & a Revell (Badger) quick release tail is exactly what i needed. Thank you very much for this.

To me it is a bit weird that Revell does not keep the standard measures with the connections like other brands do (1/4 and 1/8) and this is very confusing to me.

I will have a look on the site and order the special connector for the Revell (Badger) connection.

Greets, Peter

To me it is a bit weird that Revell does not keep the standard measures with the connections like other brands do (1/4 and 1/8) and this is very confusing to me.

Not certain on that one - either someone at Badger thought it was ideal size for airbrushing or it was done simply to tie up hose sales....