RUSSIAN B 25 PAINT COLORS

I am getting ready to paint a Russian B 25 like the one shown in the photo using decals from Authentic Decal (48-49).

The paint color chips are attached to the photo.

The paint color formulas were created in Adobe Photo Shop using Model Master Paint Chips.

The paint in the bottles might vary in color and should be compared to their paint chips.

More white can be added to these formulas to make the colors lighter or more faded.

Dave

RUSSIANB-25-2-1.jpg

Edited by David Rapasi

My monitor must be calibrated much differently than yours! I see a gray on the plan lighter in value the AAF NG and like the new ANA EQUVALENT (not match) to the AAF color or RAF temp. Scheme Ocean Gray.

Phil

I held the book next to my monitor and the photo in the book is the same as the photo posted here.

The paint chips are just the base colors for the model

Once the model is weathered the colors will look closer to the photo.

Dave

Edited by David Rapasi

Got. For what its worth I'm near certain the diagram posted a week or so was Norm Avery 's done contemporary to his book. Not contempt source material as some may have been mislead. Norm and I were exchanging snail mail at tthe rate of 2 or 3 pkg a week in the lastt few mons before publication and still tthere were signiificant points we just didn t know the other had the proof untiil after publication.