Hasegawa Spìtfire Mk-VII

Hello to all. Just wanted to tell you a discover I did, or at least I think so. i´ve purchased the brand new Hasegawa Spitfire Mk-VII/VII pointed wing, I did that basically cos I´d like to test myself the measures of the kit, knowing that the Mk-IX was short comparing it to the ICM one, there is a good page of that experiment in the web, but I like to know what about this new Mk-VII, well, here it is what I saw, this kit is 1 cmts long than the Hasegawa Spitfire Mk-Vb, I don´t know if tha difference is"in proper scale", but, as I know that the VII and VIII were longer than the V´s thanks to their engine change, it seemed correct to me; thjen I compare it with the ICM VII, qand it was only 2, 2 1/2 milimeters short, so, if you have the Hasegawa´s V and VII/VIII you´ll see the correct fuselage lenght differecne, if you have the ICM and the Hasegawa´s VII, you´ll have a difference on only 2 to 2 and a half milimeters, but, who knows wich lenghjt isright (Hasegawa versus ICM).

Does anyone noticeed that too?.

Ears open..

Beswt,

Juan :salute:

Again, Hasegawa´s VII is longer than Hasegawa´s V,so, the proportions are ok, it is short compared to ICM´s IX (only 2 milimiters, wich is nothing in my book), but who knows if Hasegawa retooled the fuselaje for their VII and VIII´s, maybe the didn´t use the IX fuselage. Anyway, Eduard will eventually pop out a superb VII and VIII.

No, Hasegawa didn't retool the Mk VIII fuselage, very same parts with différent decals; would they spend lots of $$ to make a new mold for just HF VII version only...I don't think so.

Maybe Eduard will do one with the parts to convert their Mk IX( easy job for them to make a new pressurized cockpit and a special canopy, when you see what they can do with the Brassin sets), can't wait to see this happen...

But, if the Hasegawa's VIII/IX fuselage is fine for you ( sure it doesn't look bad to the eye, even if a little underscale...), the HF VII should as well.

No, Hasegawa didn't retool the Mk VIII fuselage, very same parts with différent decals; would they spend lots of $$ to make a new mold for just HF VII version only...I don't think so.

Well they in fact retooled their Bf-109 Emils, and, as another example, Kinetic tetooled the nose cone of its F-16, just to name 2 cases...