best colour undercoat for Jetstar 787

Hi All,

I'm current building a number of Boeing 787 in Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Aus & Ansett Aus.

My question what is the best undercoat colour to use bring out the Silver paint for my Jetstar 787.

I current use tamyia AS spary cans which i have found to provide me a good finish.

I'm open to any feedback.

Thanks

Sean

Sean,

I would use a white base, I usually use the Tamiya white primer.

The Jetstar colour seems to be a pearlescent finish like the Virgin Atlantic scheme that started it all. Xtracolor do a two part combo to give the Virgin Atlantic finish, X367 Virgin Grey and X368 for the pearlescent finish. You can experiment with the grey base coat to try and match with the Jetstar base colour then overcoat Xtracolor X368 Mica for the Pearlescent finish. Check references! :D

I was going to just try the Virgin Grey with my Jetstar builds to see how it looked.

Sean,

The Jetstar colour seems to be a pearlescent finish like the Virgin Atlantic scheme that started it all. Xtracolor do a two part combo to give the Virgin Atlantic finish, X367 Virgin Grey and X368 for the pearlescent finish. You can experiment with the grey base coat to try and match with the Jetstar base colour then overcoat Xtracolor X368 Mica for the Pearlescent finish. Check references! :D/>

I was going to just try the Virgin Grey with my Jetstar builds to see how it looked.

Sean,

The Jetstar colour seems to be a pearlescent finish like the Virgin Atlantic scheme that started it all. Xtracolor do a two part combo to give the Virgin Atlantic finish, X367 Virgin Grey and X368 for the pearlescent finish. You can experiment with the grey base coat to try and match with the Jetstar base colour then overcoat Xtracolor X368 Mica for the Pearlescent finish. Check references! :D/>

Hi ray,

Thanks for the suggestion about using xtracolor paint. but the minor problem is that there is no hobby shop in perth, wa that sell that brand. you know what W.A means- Wait A while.

I have done a few Jetstar Airbus A320 and A321 in tamyia silver. only because hawkeye models decals provide a limited choice of brands. I hope scotty can shaded some light on the subject.

Sean