Trojan Thunder

Members
  • Content count

    4,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Trojan Thunder

  • Rank
    Zero Alpha,... this is Charlie One...
  • Birthday 10/17/1962

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Canberra, Australia
  • Interests
    1/72 Australian Defence Force aircraft, Airliners, Multi engined transports

Recent Profile Visitors

21,068 profile views
  1. Yes, you've just marked all as read, they are still in newest to oldest responses if you look at the right side to see when the threads were responded to. It seems someone has replied to some older thread which has pushed them to the top.
  2. Me neither, If I try to open the link in and window it gives the translated message: "You do not have permission to link to or from this site, download or view."
  3. Thanks Wolfgun, hope it looks just as good when it is time to paint!
  4. No problems Lee, I find some instruction sheets are vague. Even with the detailed instructions I have for my E-8 build, I am still checking pictures to confirm locations of parts. I think the antennas add to the look, I added a bunch to a 1/144 KC-30 I am building and I think the extra effort adds to the look. Your call though!
  5. Thanks for the interest Martin, I have started a new thread on this build over at the Aircraft - In Progress Pics Forum
  6. Thanks for helping me get this back on the road. The conversion set is from Flightpath and includes the resin antenna fairing, some white metal scoops (which I replaced) and trailing Edge HF antennas. The decals I am using are from WolfPak sheet 72-077 for aircraft 93-0597 which in a previous life was a QANTAS B707-338C VH-EBU. The aircraft was scrapped in after a 2009 a mid-air refuelling incident over the middle east where a contractor maintenance error caused the fuel tanks to rupture. The aircraft landed safely but was deemed uneconomical to repair and was eventually disassembled.
  7. I started this for the Recce Birds, Part Deux GB back in July last year Build thread here . After seeing @Nanook's thread on his Revell build I dusted mine off to continue with it. So I will continue the build here (until I lose interest again ) Hmmm.... 8 months on the side table of doom, not bad! As in my usual manner, I see @Nanook building the same type as me (different scale in this case) I decided to drag mine off the side table of doom (no room on the shelves at the moment) and see where it is at. As I recalled I had to confirm some nose antenna placements and stopped there. Out came the kit and the Pe and I decided to finish installed the antennas. I pretty much sorted out the positions of the antennas and fitted them. Then I realised why I had stopped, the PE antennas in the conversion set are too big, they almost look 1/48 rather than 1/72. I could live with it along the fuselage but they looked far too out of place below the radome. So there placement under the nose was short lived and I replaced them with smaller plastic replacements. They need some cleanup and final shaping after the glue sets. This meant I could use the oversized ones elsewhere. The conversion set is lacking a few extra antennas that have been fitted since it was released. I also added some more plastic replacement on the lower rear fuselage since I found it easier to make replacements out of strip and fit them. I also carved ou the lower surround of the front port door and added a PE part, hinges and door handle have to be installed as well to this and rear port door in due course. Looks like the area needs a tidy up as well. More soon.
  8. Hmmm, 8 months on the side table of doom, not bad! As in my usual manner, I see someone building the same type as me (different scale in this case) on the forum I decided to drag mine off the side table of doom (no room on the shelves at the moment) and see where it is at. As I recalled I had to confirm some nose antenna placements and stopped there. Out came the kit and the Pe and I decided to finish installed the antennas. I pretty much sorted out the positions of the antennas and fitted them. Then I realised why I had stopped, the PE antennas in the conversion set are too big, they almost look 1/48 rather than 1/72. I could live with it along the fuselage but they looked far too out of place below the radome. So there placement under the nose was short lived and I replaced them with smaller plastic replacements. They need some cleanup and final shaping after the glue sets. This meant I could use the oversized ones elsewhere. The conversion set is lacking a few extra antennas that have been fitted since it was released. I also added some more plastic replacement on the lower rear fuselage since I found it easier to make replacements out of strip and fit them. I also carved ou the lower surround of the front port door and added a PE part, hinges and door handle have to be installed as well to this and rear port door in due course. Looks like the area needs a tidy up as well.
  9. Nice progress Lee Your picture shows how much shorter the Revell E-3 (KC-135 in fact) is than a B707/E3/E8 in the same scale. I am building one in 1/72 with the Flightpath conversion set using the Heller E-3 kit. Comparing yours and my pictures the lower antenna fairing does not go as far back as the main gear wells on mine. EDIT: Just noticed that your lower fairing is mounted further back from the nose wheel well than mine, though taking that into consideration your kit fuselage is a still a little shorter than a B707 in that scale.
  10. Lovely build and finish Marco
  11. I'm building that kit now and left those windows open for the same reason, looks like I will fill them and make new mounts.
  12. Nice start Marco, I would like to do one of these in 1/72 one day.
  13. Lovely result Brady
  14. Impressive weathering on the paintwork.
  15. Nice start Mario, that interior is looking very smart