Hello

I am new to this site. This is my first posting. I am an author/publisher of books about X-Planes. I am now branching into e-books. I am preparing an e-book on the Bell X-1E and I need pictures, especially color pictures of the aircraft in flight and in construction.

Thank you for any help.

HM

Hi HM, welcome to ARC!! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help on future projects from the folks here.

I can tell you that there are no still photos of the X-1E in flight, only 16mm motion picture footage and there isn't much of that. Only a handful of color photos as well since the NACA HSFS wasn't using color film very often before the mid-1960's. There's a build thread going on right now in the group build section, some photos have been posted: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=273453

Look forward to seeing the new e-books.

Tony

Thank you Tony

May I use the photos on the link that you included? Are they NASA pictures?

Thank you for the info about the color pictures. I have seen color footage of the X-1E on You Tube. I wish I could capture one good view of it to use it for the cover.

I still love to publish on paper, but I have to cut down my expenses. E-books are the solution.

Regards

Henry (HM)