1/32 Revell F-15E/permanent limbo finish

This is the F-15E Ive been working on for the better part of the last 4-5 months. Its most likely not going to get any more finished than this, but Ill put it in the in progress forum for now.

As it is, I just made this for a test of hand for freehand airbrushing camouflage; it worked, but to a certain extent. Still lots of flaws in the paint, but nothing my camera can obviously point out. I may or may not finish it, I do have some touchup work to hit on the engine side with alclad, but I cant find any more stainless steel paints at my local HobbyTownUSA.

This kits landing gear was just a bust. I couldnt even fix this stuff out the gate, so the way it came out really didnt surprise me. FWIW, its still just a $15 dollar model kit thats over 20 years old so I dont expect much better than this. The intake trunks had some major flaws, so I didnt bother covering them up when painting the aircraft. If -and whenever if- I get around to it, Ill just put intake covers on it and just use them incognito. This will most likely happen, but it sits on a shelf above head level.

3KL7W6eh.jpg

kHVdYs4h.jpg

RqQQHJRh.jpg

gU6UtS8h.jpg

gcKipnFh.jpg

KTWj4k4h.jpg

UN5O8s6h.jpg

I dont really get it, its not even that heavy of a model...

cECdLSXh.jpg

So yeah. Paint demonstrator. Cobweb gatherer extraordinaire. I dont even think the rodents that dwell outside would try to attempt to land or takeoff in this thing, so its safe to call this one done.

Heres one with some eye candy in it...one of my other hobbies. (percival 1.2/5)

7lJERSMh.jpg