HGW seatbelts - Help!!!

first time trying these, I am using the set for the 1/48th Hellcat.

There are no instructions, just a picture of the assembled belts, but I can't seem to work out how they go together using the picture. A diagram of what threads through where would be helpful indeed, and the HGW site has no information to help. The photo included just confuses me as it looks like there are two short bits sticking out each side of the buckle - which logically cannot be right unless you have one short bit over the long belt

Let me try and get some pictures to explain, meanwhile any tips gratefully accepted

Les

I've taken pictures of the belts and the instructions and marked up the instruction photo to explain my confusion

I suspect the belts in the photo are not the same scale, and maybe not even the same belts. The buckles are too narrow for the belts that go through them, you have to trim the belts to go through otherwise you destroy the ends trying to push them through. I have spent a whole hour just trying to be one buckle on, and still am only 3/4 done on it

20160320_101052_zpslu210f1t.jpg

20160320_101003_zpsi3q5pp3w.jpg

Hope these work!

Les

Edited by lesthegringo