Sea Vixen technical drawings

Hi Forum, I am new here. I studied technical illustration at Portsmouth College of Art in the early 80's. I haven't been drawing since. My father served in the Royal Navy in the FAA working on Sea Vixens. I would like to do an illustration of that aircraft for him...he is long retired. Do any of you know where I could get a set of scale drawings with cross sections?

Cheers

Kevin MacKenzie

• 1 month later...

Hello Kevin, 

:post1:.

Here you go..

says zoom in to see more (1 of 4 it says)

De Havilland 110 "Sea Vixen" Plans Free Download - AeroFred.com - Download and Share Free Model Airplane and Boat Plans.
https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=81626

Sea Vixen Mk 2, drawing | jylascurain | Flickr

Sea Vixen Mk 2, drawing

https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/modernplanes/de-havilland/56989/view/de_havilland_sea_vixen_faw1/

https://www.key.aero/article/engineering-sea-vixen

Hope this helps. 

Enjoy the forums.

HOLMES.

:thumbsup2:

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, Kevin MacKenzie said:

Hi Forum, I am new here. I studied technical illustration at Portsmouth College of Art in the early 80's. I haven't been drawing since. My father served in the Royal Navy in the FAA working on Sea Vixens. I would like to do an illustration of that aircraft for him...he is long retired. Do any of you know where I could get a set of scale drawings with cross sections?

Cheers

Kevin MacKenzie

Studying can be both fascinating and challenging. I've always had a strong interest in technical drawings and engineering, and that's led me to explore subjects like energy physics in detail. However, tackling complex topics can be tough. To help with my studies, I've turned to StoryboardThat, a versatile platform that offers a range of educational resources. For instance, when I was delving into energy physics, I discovered their energy physics worksheets to be incredibly beneficial. These worksheets make it easier to comprehend intricate concepts. If you're keen to enhance your understanding of this subject, you should definitely check them out on StoryboardThat's website. Studying technical drawings and physics is quite a journey, but with the right resources and determination, it becomes more manageable. Here's the link to their energy physics worksheets; you can get started right away!

Welcome to the forum, Kevin! It's wonderful that you want to create an illustration of the Sea Vixen for your father. Some aviation museums and archives may have detailed drawings and documentation of historical aircraft. You could contact museums that have Sea Vixen aircraft in their collections, like the Fleet Air Arm Museum in the UK. There are online communities and forums where aviation enthusiasts and illustrators share resources and knowledge. Websites like Large Scale Planes or Britmodeller might have members who can help you find the references you need.

Edited by Patricia_Powell