Eduard photo etch zoom color for Hasegawa F18D 1/48

I am worling on said model. Using the Eduard zoom color photo etch for the cockpit. Instructions say for the rear cockpit, to cit the control portion of the control stick and place on the left console. I am assuming for weapons control and controllong FLIR pod. The pilot or weapon systrm officer in back seat can not fly thr aircraft or is that control stick on left side console capable of flying aircraft?

Thanks

Jeff

the late D model has control sticks on both side consoles. there's no control stick in the center, but there is the mount for one on the floor. no throttle, and a different instrument panel& glare shield.

iirc some early D models still retained the center control stick, throttle, glare shield and instrument panel like the B models have. according to Quinta's cockpit decal set Bu.No's 163434 thru 163778 have this setup.

the parts that come with the hasegawa kit are basically for a B/early D type and this is also true for the Eduard cockpit PE. 

Edited by annie.shikinami
51 minutes ago, annie.shikinami said:

the late D model has control sticks on both side consoles. there's no control stick in the center, but there is the mount for one on the floor. no throttle, and a different instrument panel& glare shield.

iirc some early D models still retained the center control stick, throttle, glare shield and instrument panel like the B models have. according to Quinta's cockpit decal set Bu.No's 163434 thru 163778 have this setup.

the parts that come with the hasegawa kit are basically for a B/early D type and this is also true for the Eduard cockpit PE. 

Thank you for the info. Didnt know about control stick on the right side

1 hour ago, annie.shikinami said:

I would also assume that the ejection seats that come in the kit are not the correct ones either? I have the Wolfpack Designs update kit for this particular model kit with all the corrected parts along with the ejection seats. I was hoping to use pilot figures in this kit but with the resin seats, will have to file and sand off all the seat belts

Just now, Raptor.777 said:

I would also assume that the ejection seats that come in the kit are not the correct ones either? I have the Wolfpack Designs update kit for this particular model kit with all the corrected parts along with the ejection seats. I was hoping to use pilot figures in this kit but with the resin seats, will have to file and sand off all the seat belts

yes the ones with the Hasegawa kit are the SJU-5/6 i believe, which was used on early Hornets. later ones are SJU-17, though i'm not sure when exactly the change to these seats were made or whether they were on any of the C/D models. 

11 minutes ago, annie.shikinami said:

yes the ones with the Hasegawa kit are the SJU-5/6 i believe, which was used on early Hornets. later ones are SJU-17, though i'm not sure when exactly the change to these seats were made or whether they were on any of the C/D models. 

Sure looks like it from the videos i have been watching of marine corp F18C and D Hornets. May have to forego the pilot figures. The resin seats have a lot of cool details