Classic Renwal Stanley Steamer - OOB

When I was little, my uncle used to sit me on his lap and we’d look at car books. He had a lot of them, and he’d use them and models to teach me about cars, their parts and how they work. It’s not a surprise then, that I have more than a passing interest in cars, let alone model cars, eh?  We also used to go to car shows and museums a lot, and I used to get to see a lot of Brass Era cars. I always thought they were neat, but that they all looked kinda the same.

Well, except for one kind: the Stanley Steamer! Even I could recognize a Stanley in a field of other Brass Era cars, thanks to its unique shape. I’ve always thought they were cool, but never thought I’d find a kit of one. I mean, I know there are kits of them, but finding one has proven difficult.

However, I did manage to get my hands on an ancient Renwal 1/48 Stanley at a model show, and I thought it would be neat to take a look at it. Check out what’s in the box at the link below! If you’ve ever built one of these little Renwals, let me know how it went, too!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/renwal-1-48-1910-stanley-steamer-oob/

stanley-steamer-oob-001.jpg?w=450