UH-1D Huey Cockpit - 1:32 Revell

Hi I have some kits in the stash that will just take too much time to build.   And since I just don't see myself having all that time to finish the stash anymore I just want to be able to build a portion of the kits at least.  I'm almost always drawn to the cockpits so maybe I'll build those as they're often worth displaying on their own, especially with the advent of detailed printed instrument panels -- it's just a pity they practically disappear when you close up fuselage halves.  I'm gonna try building this Huey cockpit with the goal of displaying it as a little subassembly.   I'll also probably try to avoid doing mods and take whatever the kit offers (as much as I could) to shorten the build time.

img%5D 

img%5D  

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

I was hoping there'd be some available printed instrument panels out there for this Huey but I couldn't find any at 1/32.   The kit's front panel has respectable molded-in gauge detail which I tried to paint to ghastly results I had to strip it back clean.   I then drilled out the gauges so I can go for decals I could stick from the back (which might turn out for the worse but I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't quickly turn into another scrapped project : )

img%5D

The drill bit went off center and ate through the side of a bezel and had to fix it.  I wondered about that empty section on top of the center console.   I had to move the whole panel upward to match reference pics.  I also cut off a portion of the lower part of the front panel to fix the shape.

img%5D  

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by crackerjazz