Academy Apollo CSM in Orbit

It’s close to Christmas, and while I don’t have a holiday-themed Gundam kit this year, I do have something that’s a bit out-of-this-world: the ancient Academy Apollo Command/Service Module!

I’m not really a “real space” builder, and have an interest in space travel, but never really to the level of wanting to model subjects from it. However, I needed something small and fast, something simple I could finish and get on display since I was in a bit of a rut. Of course, this little guy turned out to be a bit more complicated than it should have been, most of that being my own fault, mind you…

Still, while not a tremendous kit (in any terms), this thing does come out looking okay, especially if you have a moon-themed display base for it!

Check out my take on humanity’s first true space cruiser, that did exactly what Kennedy challenged it to do. Don’t let the Aliens on the horizon on the folks on the sound stage confuse you – you can see the build here:

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/academy-non-scale-apollo-command-and-service-modules/

apollo-csm-016.jpg?w=450

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!