Hihg Detail help

I was wondering...How can I get the inside of the exhausts to look "burned"?

Also when It comes time to mask the canopy...I searched the fourm and saw masking tape for edges then Liquid Mask for the rest.

Can someone briefly explain what liquid mask is...how it's applied and where I can find it?

Also...Isn't the Canopy the LAST thing you put on the plane...aside from the decals? If not...when do you do it?

Thanks,

Also when It comes time to mask the canopy...I searched the fourm and saw masking tape for edges then Liquid Mask for the rest.

Can someone briefly explain what liquid mask is...how it's applied and where I can find it?

Also...Isn't the Canopy the LAST thing you put on the plane...aside from the decals? If not...when do you do it?

Thanks,

You can get Liquid Mask from Microscale, called MicroMask. It's a Liquid you can brush on the Canopy, and after a few time it turns in a solid rubber like Mask. There are other similar products on the market like the one from Revell etc.

Be careful when using Micromask. It's a water based product, so don't spray acrylic paint over it. You don't have this problem wit the Revell mask. I’m sure you’ll find different brands on http://www.squadron.com or http://www.hannants.co.uk

I for myself prefer protecting the whole canopy with Tamya Tape, cut in little stripes and pieces. Then I'm sure I didn't miss any tiny spot, and I think it's much more resistant against all the future work on my canopy. Normally I mask the canopy after polishing and covering with future. So I protect it from additional scratches.

There are other techniques described in the Tools and Tips section, using Bare Metal Foil or Parafilm.

Finally you have to find what YOU like most.

Hope I could help

skyraider