Gripen and Mirage III in progress

After "going blind" on my other projects I decided to get a cupple of other ones started, and guess what , they are coming along nicely.

First a Italeri 1/48 SAAB Gripen,built OOB, I've been working on and off for a cupple of months,.Decals went on nice with plenty of silvering and as some of you may notice the "42" on the nose landing gear is a little "off the mark". The kit itself is "typical italeri" if these panel lines where real they would be over an inch wide. The cocpit sucks, it is decal based and has no real detail what so ever.

Other than this, its a ok kit, but does require some work and not to mention a new cockpit and decals to make it into a grate modell.

Gripen%202.jpg

gripen1.jpg

Second is the Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIIC

This one is of way better qualituy than the italeri kit. But does have it's problems. The cocpit is nice an has crisp details aswell as the boom-seat is also nice and comes with PE belts and details. all pre-painted. The overall shape sure looks like a Mirage III to me. However its a challange to get the thing together. it shares features with the C A F-5 and Vampire kits that the parts does not fit together all that well. But like with almost any kit. With a lille cyano, some filler and alot of bad language, it comes together eventually.

The decals are works of art, by far the best part of the kit. Nice and thin, in perfect register, some carrier film on the smaller parts but nothing to worry about.

Still got a way to go.

M3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

m3-3.jpg

:thumbsup: