Chaff and Flarepods for F-5a

Hi all you tigerbuilders :cheers:

A cupple of days ago while cleaning out my parents house I found something I've been looking for,for ages. And I thought to have lost.

Decals for 1/48th F-5a RNoAF "134" in Tigermeet colors. This aircraft is still operational and a stunning sight.

Pic

Problem is I got most of what I need for the build (C A F5a and RWR's from a F-16 kit,and varius other small bits and pieces), exept for de blessed Chaff/flare pods located at the rear of the fuselage near the nozzles.

As far as I know the same chaff/flare pods are on most late operational F-5a and where also refitted to the others. I've seen both Norwegian,Dutch and Greek planes with these fitted.

Anyone have pointers ??

Cheers :(

S A

The Verlinden Lock-On book has some good pics of the Swiss birds with the dispensers.

ok, I see. I have good refrance for the pods,no exact dimentions. But I may be able to build a cupple refering to the 1/72 scale ones from esci

*thinking*

The Verlinden Lock-On book has some good pics of the Swiss birds with the dispensers.

Errr think he's refering to the dispensers on the sides of the fuselage not the one on the bottom.

Only the F-5A/Bs had them mounted in that position.

As for where to get them, you could steal them off the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 kits if you have any. They are found in the F-4D, F-4E/EJ Kai, F-4G and RF-4 kits.

The Phantom mounts them on the sides of the inboard pylons. :wave:

Errr think he's refering to the dispensers on the sides of the fuselage not the one on the bottom.

As for where to get them, you could steal them off the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 kits if you have any. They are found in the F-4D, F-4E/EJ Kai, F-4G and RF-4 kits.

The Phantom mounts them on the sides of the inboard pylons. :worship:

ohh Coool :cheers:

I've got plenty of Phantoms,did't know they where the same ones :cheers: thanx a mill :woo:

Edited by Tiger27

The Phantom mounts them on the sides of the inboard pylons. :cheers:

ohh Coool :D

I've got plenty of Phantoms,did't know they where the same ones :D thanx a mill :)

No problem! Just make sure you use the right shape! The left and right dispensers are different shapes for the Phantom.