Tried something new with Future yesterday (we'll new to me anyway). Brushing it on. For the most part it work pretty good, a few slight inconsistencies that I'm sure can sanded out.

Problem is on the tails, whose base color was flat black. The future is relatively smooth in its coat, but upon close inspection you can still see "streaks" on the black...

? is, will a post decal airbrushing of Future hide these? Keeping in mind a Flat Clear coat will follow... ? Should I sand it now, probably resulting in having to redo the black? I've never used 2000 grit sandpaper.. is that gentle enough to not immediately sand through a thin coat of Future?

I would not recommend sanding future at all.

It is normally self leveling so should be no problems, I brush it all the time.

Some flat coats tend to suck up the future and you may need another coat to get everything covered, sounds like why you have streaks, just paint more furture on this area.

Yes your final flat coat should cover this up.

Julien

Black is very difficult to apply, and the gloss will show every imperfection up, but I would have thought the flat coat would hide these again, it should look just as it did before you applied the Future.

Rgds Shaun.

I just brushed a coat of Future on my 1/144 F-14A, since I'm pretty much finished with the thing, to put a gloss coat so I can apply decals. What I found is that Future if left alone will pretty much level itself out.

I just brushed a coat of Future on my 1/144 F-14A, since I'm pretty much finished with the thing, to put a gloss coat so I can apply decals. What I found is that Future if left alone will pretty much level itself out.

Problem is, this was after a day of drying.. lol.