MiG-29 "Ukrainian Falcons"

Hi Martin,

I saw your post regarding the Kondor kit - it's very interesting that two different versions of decals are available for it, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will have to try and find that kit (with the Ukr Falcons markings)! They appear to be the late version markings with the UkrAF roundels and the diagonal stripe on the tail.

BTW, I will be travelling to Ukraine next summer, and we also are planning to visit Odessa (my wife has some family there). Can you send me the names and addresses of the hobby shops you visited there?

Thanks.

Keith

Hi Martin,

I saw your post regarding the Kondor kit - it's very interesting that two different versions of decals are available for it, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will have to try and find that kit (with the Ukr Falcons markings)! They appear to be the late version markings with the UkrAF roundels and the diagonal stripe on the tail.

BTW, I will be travelling to Ukraine next summer, and we also are planning to visit Odessa (my wife has some family there). Can you send me the names and addresses of the hobby shops you visited there?

Thanks.

Keith

Hi Keith,

The decalsheet is not great quality, it's indeed for the new colours but. But don't expect a colourful sheet like the Hasegawa.

I will make a scan for here leter tonight.

About hobbyshops in Odessa; :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

There are no. No, there is on a market there one cabin with some kits for good prices. I bought the Amodel Mi-6 there for $22,- and the Condor kit for $8,-.

It's a big market with clothes and stuff so you have to look a littlebit to find it, i'll explain then more for you. The market is outside the of Odessa center. It's in the "Kotowskogo" erea, the name of the market is "Sewerny" (northern market).

And ofcourse, Oleg_Odessa is living on Odessa.

Joachim

I asked Oleg from Authentic decals to make a sheet for the falcons en demo Mig-29.

This Condor is so bad, I bought this kit (again) only for making my collection of Ukrainian AF kits more complete. But i'm going to make a Falcons UB with decals from the Hasegawa kit or maybe Authentic (? :cheers: ) decals.