My Testors U-2 Dragon Lady

With my BUFF waitin' for decals, I figured I'd go ahead and jump into this thing. I've decided to rescribe the kit's raised panel lines (tedious work, BTW :blink: :wacko:), and, due to the kit's detail, or lack thereof <_<, I'm going to try and do a bit of scratchbuilding in the wheel wells, speed brakes and cockpit.

Anyway, what do you guys think of my re-scribing job so far? From my reference pics, the U-2's panel lines are very subtle against the black paint, so I'm trying to create the effect that the panel lines are not readily noticeable, but are there if you really look close.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

TTried to do a little detailing of the speedbrake wells, not perfect, but the best I could do off of the reference pics that I got off of HS. The doors are going to be barely open, so I just want to have a little bit of detail.

BTW, if anybody knows of any more good places for reference pics, please, do share :monkeydance: .

I think this is the old Frog/hawk? kit. REALLY simple detail. The funny thing is, once you put a little time into it, it's really nice. A couple things I did to mine: I added the "sugarscoop" IR deflector on the tail, and added the inner shroud inside the cockpit to hide the simplified cockpit.

Are you going to do anything with the gear wells?

I look forward to seeing yours finished.

Kyle aim9guy

I think this is the old Frog/hawk? kit. REALLY simple detail. The funny thing is, once you put a little time into it, it's really nice. A couple things I did to mine: I added the "sugarscoop" IR deflector on the tail, and added the inner shroud inside the cockpit to hide the simplified cockpit.

Are you going to do anything with the gear wells?

I look forward to seeing yours finished.

Kyle aim9guy

Kyle,

Thanks for the input. Since I'm not at all familiar with the U-2 (hey, it's not a Tomcat :lol: :cheers:) , aside from the fact that it is a high-altitude recon a/c. I'm not really sure what the "sugar scoop" is that you are referring to, and I'm also not too familiar with the cockpit inner shroud, either.

The gear wells - yes, I'm going to try and spruce those up a bit. The only reference pics I was able to find were not really as good as I was looking for, so I'm kind of using my imagination a little bit when it comes to adding detail to this, as you correctly called it, simply detailed kit.