hi guys

when i was looking on the net for 1/32 crusaders i came across these two choises

combat model vacvorm kit item nr RMCM - 32-25 F-8 Crusader $37.95

and the parts set? RMP-32-95 - F-8 Crusader - $20.00

any info on this one? is it worth the money? detailed? did anyone ever build one?

and one crusader 1/32 right here on the forum by impatiend pete does anyone have some info on his status of the project and just to be sure is this a plastic kit or a resin one because i couldnt get that part.

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Frederick,

Unless it was redone, which I do not think is the case, the Combat Models F-8 is pretty poor. It was based on drawings that were done on the assumption that F-8 & A-7 dimensions were the same and as a consequence the fuslage is 6 scale feet (2.25 inches!) too short. Combat Models kits as a rule are pretty basic with little detail, that is up to you. I do not have the parts set, it was not available when the kit was originally done, which is when I bought it, so can't comment on what it contains.

ID Models also did a 1/32 vac kit of the Crusader, and the Photo Crusader as well. I never acquired them (they are about the only two Crusader kits I don't have) and don't know if they are available at all anymore, but it seems to me that someone did pick up the ID line.

Impatient Pete's is scratchbuilt. He did indicate that he was considering producing it as a vac kit, you might PM him to see what the status is.

Cheers,

Tom