Halberstadt CLII - 2 new color studies

Hey, glad to see this forum back on its feet again. I haven't visited in a while.

Just finished 2 new color studies for a painting featuring a Halberstadt CLII.

Thats right. 2 of 'em. I painted one and then decided it wasn't quite what I had in mind, so I painted the scene again. The difference isn't huge, but it is evident. The second is the model for the finished painting, which I began blocking in this weekend.

I had originally planned to avoid using the Schlasta 26b markings, as they tend to get used a lot. I finally realized, though, that those markings would work really well with the lighting. Besides, lets face it, that flame motif is really cool.

The second study has already been sold, but the first study is still available to anyone interested. Email me or PM me if you would like more details.

The title of the painting is "Into the War Zone". The big version should be finished in about three weeks.

cheers

Russell Smith

www.russellsmithart.com

russell-smith@mindspring.com

CS11.jpg

CS21.jpg

Russell,

Your color study fails miserably in its efforts to conceal the truly elegant conceptual layout, highlighting the

graceful lines of the CL-II against a swiftly yet effectively rendered dramatic copper skyscape.

I'd be interested in seeing the refined rendering of this.

I'm a big fan of the CL-IV as well.

Regards,

Stephen

Russell,

Your color study fails miserably in its efforts to conceal the truly elegant conceptual layout, highlighting the

graceful lines of the CL-II against a swiftly yet effectively rendered dramatic copper skyscape.

I'd be interested in seeing the refined rendering of this.

I'm a big fan of the CL-IV as well.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen. You will. I have to let the base coat dry on the canvas before I can go back in and refine the painting. give me a 2 or 3 weeks and I'll post the finished image.

russ

Thanks, Stephen. You will. I have to let the base coat dry on the canvas before I can go back in and refine the painting. give me a 2 or 3 weeks and I'll post the finished image.

russ

I'll be here, waiting patiently. Seeing others' helps aleviate the tension between projects. 'Allows one to refocus on new ideas, refine old ones, become inspired.

Regards,

Stephen