Two questions, HELP!

First, I would like to know what colors everyone uses for detailing modern day pilots. Last night I used MM marine green for the flight suit, MM dk gull grey for the helmet, mask and MM gunship grey for the sliding parts of the helmet. Dont know if it is right though. I looked on the web for pics and this was the closest I could come. For the web gear I used a MM european green from my FB-111a kit a while ago. If you guys could give me a current color line it would be great.

Second, I am having problems with over sanding raised panel lines on my 1/48 Monogram Brazilian

F-5E "Senta A Poa". I was thinking that if I outlined the lines with tape and then ran a beed of thick CA and then knocked doen the edges it would be ok, but I'm not sure. So instead of trying and messing up and sanding all night I thought I would ask. Well, thanks boys, I appreciate the help.

Edited by Hooker169

For the pilots you can use many greens and mixes,for basic tones,shadows and highlights.

Just find a suitable green that looks like "metallic" green,or use a satin varnish to create the illussion of nomex suit...

As for the raised panel lines,there are many ways.

First it depends from,how fine are the lines.

I think the best way for 1/72 is to score with an X-Acto or a needle at an angle,to rise the plastic a little,creating an illussion of the raised line.

The scribed area can be filled with Mr.Surfacer

Another way is,like others said to use sprue.

But try something different...

If you trim α piece of plastic into triangle cross section,the final stretched piece will be triangle too!!

A triangle stretched sprue will look way better,than the usual round sprue!

Another way is to first scribe the area you want,and then glue the pieces.This way you'll surely have straight lines and you'll cut in half the height of the glued sprue...

For smoothing the area where raised line and sprue met,you can use liquid glue,Elmers Glue smoothed with water,or Milliput again with water...