Template help

Depending on the size/complexity, masking tape.

If it's available to you (any hobby shop should be able to order it for you - Microscale does it, among others), you can also cut the letters out of solid decal film, or depending on the size/style of the letters, you can use dry transfer characters such as Letraset. In either case, spray the colour you want the letters to appear, then apply letters cut out of decal film, tape or dry transfers and spray the camouflage colour. When done, remove your masks (burnish tape over the decal or dry transfer to rip 'em off) and you're good to go.

You can also purchase frisket film, which is a clear sheet of masking medium with an adhesive back. Trace out your stencil letters and numbers on the frisket film, cut them out with a sharp knife, and apply them to the model. It's available in most craft stores, and I assume some hobby shops probably carry it as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had great success with Scotch brand lo-tack tape. Here's how I did it. I printed the letters I needed on regular old paper. Then, I put the Scotch lo-tack on top of it and used a number 11 blade to cut the tape while tracing the letters underneath. The end result is a slightly tacky stencil that didn't allow any bleed under for airbrushing.

This is a 1/100 Doyusha 737-200 I'm doing in MetroJet. I had to mixa nd match fonts, but got it pert-nar dead-on...See if this will work for you.

Not a single decal on this model.