Convert A330-300 to A330-200

I'm posring this for my brother who has asked what it would take to convert a 1/144 revell A330-300 to an A330-200 as there are numerous aftermarket decals in this scale for the 200 series birds but no actual kits.

Any help with dimensions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :worship:

Someone will probably beat me do it, but I have an article on converting the -300 to the -200 as I will be doing the same. Bascially take some fusleage out fore and aft of the wings and modify the fin. Braz produce a replacement fin but apparently it is easy (depending on skill) to modify the kit part.

I can send you the articles, so PM me.

This is from AMD:

"For the A330-300 to A330-200 conversion, the 4 windows between doors 3 and 4 must be removed. 6 windows (19.4 mm) must be removed between doors 1 and 2, preferably those near door 2 if you want to keep the front cargo door in the right place!

Due to technical requirements, the A330-200 fin is taller with more chord. Cut out the tail tip, and cut the fin longitudinally along a panel line ahead of the rudder. Then insert a styrene "italic T" with a 3.2 mm-wide vertical bar and a 7.9 mm-wide horizontal bar. Some puttying and sanding is inevitable!"

The article I have has a picture of what the "T" looks like.

Someone will probably beat me do it, but I have an article on converting the -300 to the -200 as I will be doing the same. Bascially take some fusleage out fore and aft of the wings and modify the fin. Braz produce a replacement fin but apparently it is easy (depending on skill) to modify the kit part.

I can send you the articles, so PM me.

This is from AMD:

"For the A330-300 to A330-200 conversion, the 4 windows between doors 3 and 4 must be removed. 6 windows (19.4 mm) must be removed between doors 1 and 2, preferably those near door 2 if you want to keep the front cargo door in the right place!

Due to technical requirements, the A330-200 fin is taller with more chord. Cut out the tail tip, and cut the fin longitudinally along a panel line ahead of the rudder. Then insert a styrene "italic T" with a 3.2 mm-wide vertical bar and a 7.9 mm-wide horizontal bar. Some puttying and sanding is inevitable!"

The article I have has a picture of what the "T" looks like.

PM inbound thanks fizzy

The only problem for me is getting hold of an A330.....

What are the Braz RR Trent engines like? I might get the A340 that Revell are re-releasing next year and use the Braz Trents and convert it to a -200.

The Revell realease next year is going to be an Austrian A340-300 series.

The Braz RR A330 engines have captured the shape perfectly but the intake and fan blades are just plain inncorrect shape :cheers: . I tried to find another fan blade to substitute and modify the intake cowling but didn't have any luck.

cheers :bandhead2:

Andy

Edited by Andy