Feisler Storch Anennae (?)

Gents:

Anyone have a decent photo/diagram/instruction sheet diagram of the radio antenna on the Storch. Doing the Heller Storch (72nd scale) and the instructions are........................bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alvin5182

Edited by alvin5182

Hi, Alvin,

Many Storchs didn't carry comms or electronic navaids of any sort - would compromise the payload too much, I guess - but those which did carried an FM radio mast on the centre of the forward canopy roof cross-member:

http://www.mikegrantdecals.com/Storch01.html

The Heller kit doesn't include this, though the Academy kit does. It's a straightforward streamlined aerial mast, about 5mm tall. Some Storchs also had a DF loop in a clear streamlined fairing, mounted centrally on the second canopy roof cross-member. This, again, is included in the Academy kit, being about 2mm max diameter by about 4.5mm overall length.

If possible, I'd check your references for the specific aircraft you're modelling, to see which, if either, of these it carried.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by pingu1
Hi, Alvin,

Many Storchs didn't carry comms or electronic navaids of any sort - would compromise the payload too much, I guess - but those which did carried an FM radio mast on the centre of the forward canopy roof cross-member:

http://www.mikegrantdecals.com/Storch01.html

The Heller kit doesn't include this, though the Academy kit does. It's a straightforward streamlined aerial mast, about 5mm tall. Some Storchs also had a DF loop in a clear streamlined fairing, mounted centrally on the second canopy roof cross-member. This, again, is included in the Academy kit, being about 2mm max diameter by about 4.5mm overall length.

If possible, I'd check your references for the specific aircraft you're modelling, to see which, if either, of these it carried.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris:

Thanks for the info. The Storch I'm doing is a captured one used by AVM Harry Broadhurst of the 2 TAF . I've only ever seen two pictures of it and they are both "not of the highest quality". So I was hoping to just put some generic antennae array as not really much seems to be known about this aircraft.

One of the photos:

BroadhurstStorch.jpg

Al Davis