Wings over Wairarapa '07

This a few pictures that I took at the show. It's the first time I have been to an airshow and I don't think it will be the last! You just can't beat the sound of the roaing engine's!

The show was held of the weekend of the 21 and 22 January. I only when to the saturday but wished now that I went for both days! As New Zealand is small we didn't have the big fighter jets that US and oversea's show's have. The main stand out aircraft to me was the 2 P-40 Kittyhawks, F4U Corsair, P-51D Mustang all ex RNZAF uints pritive owned localy and the Polikarpov I-153.

Other aircraft there to name a few -

Tiger Moth

Pitt Special x2

Beech Staggerwing x3 (2 have been sold, somewhere in the US, last time they are going to be display in NZ)

Harvards x6

PBY-5A Catalina

DC-3

C-130 Herc

UH-1H Iroquois (Huey)

Bristol Figther (1 of the 3 origial left in the world)

Camel

Fokker Tri-plane

L39 Albatross

2x Vampires in RNZAF and RAAF markings

plus more!!!!

Heres some pic's! (I thik that itstime to get a camera!)

Cosair

SV400039Resized.jpg

P40's

SV400037Resized.jpg

SV400036Resized.jpg

Mustang

SV400017Resized.jpg

Polikarpov

sv400014Resized.jpg

Beech Staggerwing

SV400012Resized.jpg

De Havilland Dragon

SV400011Resized.jpg

Edited by moeggo

Allsion V12

SV400005Resized.jpg

SV400004Resized.jpg

more pic's of the P-51 nd P40's

1Resized.jpg

2Resized.jpg

3Resized.jpg

4Resized.jpg

5Resized.jpg

this would of been a great shot, but this lady kept standing in the way all day and I lost a few great shots!

SV400030Resized.jpg

and last one for the moment....

SV400038Resized.jpg

Edited by moeggo
Beech Staggerwing x3 (2 have been sold, somewhere in the US, last time they are going to be display in NZ)

Beech Staggerwing

SV400012Resized.jpg

Not quite. ZK-AMU, the left hand one in the pic has been sold to Australia, not the US. It currently belongs to my step-father, but will be leaving NZ around April.

Nice pics. Sounds like it was a good airshow (unless you had to drive back to Wellington on Sunday afterwards... :( )