Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Sebastijan

  • Rank
    Raptor Killer
  • Birthday 08/31/1977

Contact Methods

  • MSN
  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    playing simulators (DCS:A-10 and ARMA II atm)

Recent Profile Visitors

24,703 profile views
  1. Yak-130 'Mitten' - update 16/01/2018

    I love it when all the sub-assemblies come together and reveal the shape of the aircraft.
  2. Yak-130 'Mitten' - update 16/01/2018

    Nothing you can't handle, really. Just take it slow and dryfit a bit and all should be well. It's not a hard kit to build, despite the challenging breakdown of the parts. Finally Eduard set arrived! Cockpit parts were primed with Black primer and then a coat of RLM76 was sprayed on. The decision for this paint was made, based on the colour of Eduard's PE panels, which are wrong - they should be greenish-blue and slightly darker. So I went and searched through my stash for a paint that would be slightly paler than Eduard's parts and RLM76 seemed like a good choice. Cockpit more or less completed. I was thinking of adding a wash but decided against it - when the seats will be installed, not much will be seen anyway. Seats and HUD glass plates will be added later to avoid damage during construction before the windshield and canopy are installed.
  3. A-6E Intruder

    Easier to remove that glue spill than that scratch on your Merc. Keep up the good work!
  4. Supermarine S6B

    really cool build! watching with interest!
  5. GWH Mig 29 9-13 colors

    That one was a one off, or maybe one of a small batch that received that scheme.
  6. Modelcollect 1/72 B-2

    You don't need to have a Facebook account to visit Facebook pages - https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/
  7. MiG-29 'Red 04' photos

    Unfortunately, he doesn't have other side shots but he gave me a link to the selection of his photos from that base visit for inspiration: http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?key=primorsko&pag=1
  8. MiG-29 'Red 04' photos

    Hi Dan! The photographer that took that photo is a friend of mine. I'll ask him if by any chance he has any more from other sides.
  9. Yak-130 'Mitten' - update 16/01/2018

    While I am waiting for my Eduard PE set to arrive, I killed some time by finishing the ordnance. And of course my best wishes to all of you in 2018!
  10. Flight Sim Advice

    For ww2 theater new Il-2 series is the way to go. Created by the same authors behind Rise of Flight, it features great graphics, very nice flight models and damage models and currently consists of 3 packs - Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. In 2018 they will add western front theater as well as ww1 one. Also on sale at 50% at the moment - https://il2sturmovik.com/
  11. Trumpeter and Hobbyboss 2018 catalog

    And it looks like MiG-19 dropped out of catalog altogether,,, :(
  12. Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-27M

    Very nice models so far. I have one question, though. Do you have any reference photos of those MiGs? Stars and Bort numbers normally fade slower than the camouflage. MiG-27Ms arrived to Afghanistan rather new, as well, so fading would be really uncommon. This question is not meant to be a critique, but I just wonder as it happened recently with the Su-27SM in the 2-tone blue camo from Lipetsk, where the exact same insignia faded really quick. I haven't seen anything like it on 23/27s from Afghanistan, yet.
  13. 1/72 Airfix (new) SeaKing

    Sweet build!
  14. Yak-130 'Mitten' - update 16/01/2018

    Time for a little rant! Soon after Zvezda released the Yak-130 kit, Russian photo-etch company Microdesign announced PE set for the said kit. It looked awesome, full of little details and it even had (most of it to be honest) parts, to pose the aircraft with engines running, meaning closed intakes and opened auxiliary intakes and even an open APU intake. There's also a bunch of parts to equip the cockpit and the canopy. So, last night I went to dryfit the PE parts to the kit plastic parts and to my horror I realized that most of them are oversized. Instrument panels are too high and wide and so are the seatbelts. I was really excited not to use Eduard's PE prepainted parts and trying to match the PE paint, which is a lot of times quite off. Oh well, I guess I am stuck with it now. At least Eduard gives you exhaust blast area which will neatly eliminate all the nasty seams in that narrow spot. Obviously too big PE part fort the front panel. Rear IP suffering the same PE oversize fate. Notice also the trapezoid shaped upper panel (at least 1mm too wide) and on the right of it, "up front control" panel, which goes on the center of trapezoid, and wouldn't even fit the plastic part.
  15. Yak-130 'Mitten' - update 16/01/2018

    Although a complex multi-part breakdown of the rear fuselage, the fit is rather good but one mustn't hurry and should check the dryfit before applying any glue. Lower part of the fuselage. Some seam needing clean up but just a few sweeps with sanding stick will solve those. Biggest problem is the exhaust area which is quite tiny and there are three seams to clean up inside of it. Upper piece of the intakes attached which also serves as top fuselage and wings support. Although not given an option, one can open up auxiliary intakes and pose the aircraft as with running engines with a little bit of scratchbuilding. Pilot figures are included! Full length intakes with fan clearly visible in the depths.