Anyone have advice on colors for painting the interior of a B-25H

Does anyone have advice of what colors to paint the interior of a B-25H such as:

Cockpit

Interior Rear Fuselage

Landing Gear Wells

Interior of landing gear doors

Bomb Bay

Bomb Bay Doors

I'm working on the Hasegawa 1/72 kit

Thanks in advance for the help!

Interior Green FS 34151 IIRC for cockpit. Components may be different shades of that color. The bomb doors may also be FS34151 but since many aircraft built during the war were NOT built to last forever, they omitted painting interiors interior green or anything else. Structural members were probably painted but not the interior skins. Same goes for the interior of the wheel wells, bomb bay and gear doors. Remember, paint adds weight (you'd be surprised at just how much weight it adds) and that means, less fuel, less ammo and less payload which may mean the difference between making it home or not.

Don't trust current photos of restored 25's either. They were painted to reduce corrosion and help the aircraft last longer. Especially steer away from ones that are in flying condition. You really cannot even trust eye witness testimony since it was so long ago. However, contemporary accounts in writing are just as good as actual photographs. About the only thing you can really trust is manufacturers photos and data. Secondly, modification center photos are just as good. Wartime photos are next on the list only because some aircraft that survived long enough, were taken to a depot and rebuilt/updated and reissued to the service. Now if you're modeling one of those aircraft so modifed, then almost anything goes (within reason...you won't find pink interiors after depot maintenance during WWII).

Of course, if all else fails, FS34151 is a safe bet...

HTH

TimC

I have been looking into the interior colours for a B-25 myself, about to start on the D version.

I have looked on a very good site and what I came across was the models after the C/D version were mostly bronze green (FS 24052) or dull dark green (FS 34092) cockpit and nose section, natural metal rear fuselage and bomb bay and the wheel wells were aluminium lacquer.

The J model was mostly interior green (FS 31451) all through the fuselage.

HTH

Chris

;)

I just painted mine yesterday- cockpit in Dark Green FS34092 and all the rest in Interior Green FS34151, Model Master enamels. I found wartime photos that showed the insides painted, so I went that way. Fun kit, isn't it? I'm adding all the Eduard sets and am writing a build review for Modeling Madness.