You guys remember this one?? (Movie related)

Hey fellow "Model Geek" dudes,

You guys remember the early seventies movie with David Janssen where he plays a chopper pilot for the local radio or TV station (my memory sucks on that detail) and soon gives chase to some escaping bank robbers in his Hughes 500? The robber guys were in an Alouette II and from what I remember there was some really good flight sequences in the Utah canyons. I just put her on my Netflix que, so let's hope my memory severs me correct and it's cheesy, but good Helo filght stuff. The movie is called "Birds of Prey". Anybody else have any thoughts about this movie?

SE3130.jpg

Feeling nostalgic again,

Jarrod Cunningham

Austin, Texas

Edited by jcunny
That movie was GREAT!! If I recall, it first aired on ABC's "Movie of the Week". Every Tuesday from 8:30 to 10:00 pm (?). I think of that movie alot being I was a kid and just amazed at the choppers! Oh great, I'm homesick and depressed now, just great,thanks alot!

I remember that one too. I think it may have only been released on VHS . There is always hope that it can make it to DVD though. I have seen alot of movies that are hardly memorable for sale at places like Wal Mart and if they will sell those they should do "Birds of Prey".

Harry Walker, X-military pilot, works for a radio station in Salt Lake City as a traffic helicopter pilot. While on his rounds he observes a bank robbery taking place and the abduction of a female teller. He follows, 1st the criminals in their car, then they transfer to a helicopter. Harry is running out of fuel so he stops on the road to flag down a tanker truck, gets fuel then continues the pursuit. Gosh, It's nice to have a truck carrying Jet-A pullover for a pilot out of gas. Birds of Prey....they need to remake that movie. Speaking of movies, The Italian Job with Edward Norton & Mark Wahlburg has some good flight scenes with a MD500E. One such scene is where the helicopter is trying to block Wahlburg in his car. You can see Edward Norton has a death grip on the soft handle and a "HOLY CRAP" expression on his face.