Question about Future...does it go off?

03-11-07

I ask this...does Future go off because I use it to gloss coat my paint jobs on the aiircraft I make. I believe it has self-leveling properties that give you a smooth finish once it has dried/cured.

However, I have just finished painting my MesserSpit and brush-painted (not airbrushed) the Future and it dried with brush marks visible.

This has never happened before and I am wondering if it might be the "age" of the future I am using...same bottle I bought 2 years ago, but I poured some into a conatiner (with a lid) and have been using that for the past while.

Just wondering if I should chuck it out and pour in a fresh batch?

Liam

I've found the "self-levelling" properties of Future to be somewhat overstated IMHO. The first few times I used it I sprayed it fairly heavy and wasn't particularly careful about it since I'd heard that it would level out after it dried, not so in my case.

A fine mist out of the airbrush and a couple of light coats works much better in my experience.

My last bottle did tend to go off but this was because I was using it straight from the bottle. I now decant a little to a smaller tub and keep the main bottle sealed. This seems to prolong the life.

But at £2.60 odd a bottle lets face it its not expensive.

Julien

My last bottle did tend to go off but this was because I was using it straight from the bottle. I now decant a little to a smaller tub and keep the main bottle sealed. This seems to prolong the life.

But at £2.60 odd a bottle lets face it its not expensive.

Julien

Julien,

Where an earth do you get it? I can't find it anywhere locally here and its not something I fancy paying £5+ delivery for over the net :woot.gif: if its only £2.60 a bottle!!

TIA

Matt

05-11-07

Future is known as Johnson's Klear floor Wax over here. I get mine in Tescos!

I poured a little into another container and brush-painted it on my kit and lo and behold...perfect finish.

Thanks for hte help guys

Liam

Julien,

Where an earth do you get it? I can't find it anywhere locally here and its not something I fancy paying £5+ delivery for over the net :cheers: if its only £2.60 a bottle!!

TIA

Matt

I get it at my local Morrisons. Also seen it at Wilkinsons and Tescos. Funny but Morrisons had it with the shoe polish not floor cleaners.

If your at Telford I can pick you up a bottle!

Julien