Airbrush cleaning.

G'day guys,

There's been some talk of late on how to clean airbrushes. One of my "real" jobs is repairing musical instruments. I use ultrasonics to clean trumpets and trombones that are chock full of crud. I also use the ultra to clean my airbrush. (Model Master, pre Aztec)

Simply fill the tank with a normal ultrasonic cleaning solution (even detergent works quite well) This is used as the fianl rinse on acrylic paints. To clean the parts, put some suitable thinner (alcohol, or paint thinner) in a glass or plastic container, and immerse the parts. Turn it on for 30 to 40 secs.

If you think you clean your brush well now, you'll be amazed at how much more panit comes off using the ultrasonic.

Tanks are available in amny sizes, ranging up to 100 gallons or more. The small ones are quite in-expensive (maybe around US$100, maybe less) Too expensive? how much was the brush in the first place? how about the compressor?

Cheers

Matthew