Regarding the Academy 1/32 F/A-18C and F/A-18D kits.

I was working on the C Hornet with just about every aftermarket stick you could put on it and saw the new paint on the VMFA(AW)-225 black bird. You just gotta love big black tails! Are the kits basically the same with the exception of the nose and basic parts. My question would better be can I use the fuselage I'm put so much time in and just stick the parts for the D kit on the nose?

Randy

Edited by MasterJedi
I was working on the C Hornet with just about every aftermarket stick you could put on it and saw the new paint on the VMFA(AW)-225 black bird. You just gotta love big black tails! Are the kits basically the same with the exception of the nose and basic parts. My question would better be can I use the fuselage I'm put so much time in and just stick the parts for the D kit on the nose?

Randy

I don't see why not. I've built the C version myself. Did you build the cockpit yet?

; Brad

as far as i can tell, the C and D kits are identical from the mid fuse back. so you should be able to put the forward fuse from a D on to the rear part of the C. then later, you can build your C using the rear parts of the D.

Bill

I don't see why not. I've built the C version myself. Did you build the cockpit yet?

; Brad

Nope, I'm waiting on airbrush parts so I'm re-scribing shallow panel lines and such. Which pit did you put in yours? There are so many selections I'm on the fence to pick one. I would tend to lean toward realism as opposed to drop in fit. Then again I'm sure my choices narrowed picking the D bird.

Randy

The kits are the same except for the canopy and the addition of parts for the second pit.

Thanks for the quick answers. I'm just glad I picked one of the most expensive kits on the market to change my mind on.

Randy