Trumpy Tomcat at Sprue Bros

Not quite as bad as was predicted. Only a little more than the current Tamiya Black Nights boxing, so factor in the hours saved scribing lines and all the other work (and possibly resin correction/detail sets not needed), seems like a great price. I believe forecasts were as high as $300 for this?

Actually, I think it's $166 with shipping. Over $100, shipping is half price and over $200 shipping is free. However, I believe the cart shows the full shipping price and the discount is applied when your card is charged.

I'll probably get the SH, but probably pass on the Tomcat. I already have the Tamiya kit with all of aftermarket and resin available and don't fell like wasting it all. Plus, I'm not keen on the open panels on the Trump kit as I prefer to have things closed up, except for the canopy. Full engines and dropped flaps don't do anything for me either.

I think the Kinetic F-86-F40 looks interesting. With a quick "Hasegawa mod" (shortening the wingtips a bit) and a few other simple mods, a pretty respectable Canadair Mk6 can be had. Add in the AMS cockpit (if Harold is still selling them) and it turns out pretty nice for all except the Sabre fanatic. And it won't bust the bank account.