Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

Hi there,

I just started correcting the wing 2 fuselage fairing as well as the wing undersides between pylons and belly using putty, plastic ribs and strips (the rear fuselage belly with its kink will be much more difficult to address) and this idea came to me...

Are official general dimension available for this Dash 10 version? Thinking of the fuselage length for a start, though I know the main ldg configuration (6 wheeler 777 style or conventional 4 wheeler bogie) and wing characteristics are not frozen yet.

Many thanks for your help.

Brgds, Etienne

LYS

It hasn't been officially launched, but everything on Boeing's web site agrees on the likely stretch. Here's how to do it in 1/144, based on 787-8 station diagrams.

There is really no reason for the main gear to be any different. Everything Boeing has put out thus far says it is simply a fuselage stretch that trades range for payload. The previously announced wing span increase has been officially discarded, as they found no need to change the wing, and thus no need to increase cost and decrease commonality with the -8.

J

787-9conversion.jpg

Edited by Jennings
It hasn't been officially launched, but everything on Boeing's web site agrees on the likely stretch. Here's how to do it in 1/144, based on 787-8 station diagrams.

There is really no reason for the main gear to be any different. Everything Boeing has put out thus far says it is simply a fuselage stretch that trades range for payload. The previously announced wing span increase has been officially discarded, as they found no need to change the wing, and thus no need to increase cost and decrease commonality with the -8.

J

787-9conversion.jpg

Hi Jennings,

Thanks alot, I've started this one (Dash 9) one week ago... but I was asking about the Dash 10 787.

I know the Dash 9 version will feature externally identical wings and ldg.

Brgds, Etienne

LYS

Edited by m52tub28

Oops... sorry. Long day at work yesterday!

No, the -10 has not been launched, and there's no official information on it yet. Boeing's VP for the 787 project say's it's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when", but it will probably be at least 3-4 years before the 10 is officially launched.

J

Oops... sorry. Long day at work yesterday!

No, the -10 has not been launched, and there's no official information on it yet. Boeing's VP for the 787 project say's it's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when", but it will probably be at least 3-4 years before the 10 is officially launched.

J

Hey, no problem.

Outch, 3-4 years, well we have enough time to discuss about the Dash 10 stretch. I think I remember the Dash 10 being specifically requested by Arabian customers, the same that are crying for a Dash 900 A380 of 85 m + (like "longer longer longer").

Well, will concentrate on my Dash 9 conversion, BTW thanks for your great drawings showing the conversion work between both versions.

Brgds, Etienne

LYS

Edited by m52tub28
What about the Dash 3 model, I've read some airlines have that on order, what does that model entail ?

Gregg

Hi GreyGhost,

From a modelers point of view, it's AFAIK a 787-8 with its wings span reduced to 170 ft 6 / 51.9684 m as well as the blended wingtips being ditched in favor of more conventional winglets.

AFAIK, Boeing tailored this version to Japanese specifications and as of today, only JAL and ANA ordered this version despite Boeings efforts to squeeze it in the US market.

Brgds, Étienne

LYS

The 787-3 has been shelved. Both ANA and JAL converted their -3 orders to -8 orders in the past few weeks, leaving zero orders for the -3. No airline outside Japan had expressed any interest in the -3, so there was no point in proceeding with the development of it.

J

The 787-3 has been shelved. Both ANA and JAL converted their -3 orders to -8 orders in the past few weeks, leaving zero orders for the -3. No airline outside Japan had expressed any interest in the -3, so there was no point in proceeding with the development of it.

J

Oooopsss, I should have checked my sources... arrr, I don't have "sources". I saw the 787-3 case as the reiteration of the 747SR and 747-400D, expressly designed to Japanese needs.

Hmmm, sad news, it would have made an easy conversion for us, simply shorten the span and scratchbuild the winglets. Anyway I will build one, I just love those ANA regular colors; back from Singapore this Xmas, I saw an ANA 767-300ER and liked very much that livery, though it has been revealed many years ago and is rather basic. It will look good on the Dreamliner.

Brgds, Étienne