This is my all-time favorite non-aircraft subject. Below is the original, non-updated

Minicraft kit I built when I was in Texas in the late 90's. I gave it away when I retired

from the Air Force and left the area. It would have been impossible to move. Besides,

by that time, Minicraft had updated the kit to include details not known when it was

originally issued by Entex in the early 70's. I'm currently building the new, improved

version of this kit in between aircraft projects, and will add further improvements with

photo etched parts from Gold Medal Models.

titanic-664x382.jpg

i saw a nice diorama of the titanic it was large and done as a trio of works one complete and sailing one starting to sink and lastly and most impressive was the wreck as it is now actualy modelling the sea bed and the water above

think it was sold on ebay .. very impressive if i find i will post as it is one of my favourites !!

How big is that kit Patrick?

It's around 30 inches long. I also have the Lusitania in the same scale which is two or three inches shorter.

i saw a nice diorama of the titanic it was large and done as a trio of works one complete and sailing one starting to sink and lastly and most impressive was the wreck as it is now actualy modelling the sea bed and the water above

think it was sold on ebay .. very impressive if i find i will post as it is one of my favourites !!

WOW!!! That is some seriously impressive modelling work! Thanks for that link! :thumbsup:

My grandfather worked in the shipyards in Belfast and helped build the Titanic. That's where

I got my interest. He died when I was 16 and now I really wish I had listened to his stories and

had encouraged him to tell more, but what does a stupid 16 year old (in this case, me) know?

It's around 30 inches long. I also have the Lusitania in the same scale which is two or three inches shorter.

WOW!!! That is some seriously impressive modelling work! Thanks for that link! :)

My grandfather worked in the shipyards in Belfast and helped build the Titanic. That's where

I got my interest. He died when I was 16 and now I really wish I had listened to his stories and

had encouraged him to tell more, but what does a stupid 16 year old (in this case, me) know?

what odd twists and turns life takes , my father was in the royal navy during ww2 and it was like pulling teeth trying to get anything out of him ..

i have found out more since his death through his naval reccords and the internet than he tolm me himself !!

what odd twists and turns life takes , my father was in the royal navy during ww2 and it was like pulling teeth trying to get anything out of him ..

i have found out more since his death through his naval reccords and the internet than he tolm me himself !!

I have a Royal Navy "Long Service and Good Conduct" medal that was given

to my great grandfather. Has Queen Victoria on the front and around the edge

is inscribed his name, and the name of the ship he served on, HMS Boscawen.

My grandfather was born in Cornwall and I expect the RN moved his father

to Belfast. If not, I have no idea of what took him there. Most of what I've

learned came by googling my surname. I know nothing of HMS Boscawen.

Perhaps I should google that too.

[EDIT]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Boscawen_(1844)

Edited by Kalashnikov-47