One of my diorama's from last year

Looks great but can I make some suggestions??

*Ditch the jeep...there would have been none at all on the landing craft.These would have come in much later in the day after the beach and immediate surrounding area wer well and truely secured.

*There would be crater holes from small mortars dropped on the beach by the germans.

*The sand is way to course.Try maybe using plaster and spray it the colour of sand with some shading and highlighting.Also..it needs to look wet and of course stained with blood trails,covered in dead and ying and scattered equipment.

*You're lacking dead and dying soldiers....I know we have to be PC to people viewing but modelling is about recreating in 3D a historical event or piece.Having soldiers crouching behind one another in a line behind barracades,behind bodies etc

*You're missing the mines that were attached to long poles to thwart landing craft at high tide.These were basically long logs held up at roughly a 30 degree slope with landmines wired to the end of them.When a craft hit them at high tide,they of course explode and create all kinds of havoc.

*I can't really tell if your soldiers are wearing the rubber inflatable life rings which were worn on the day.

What scale is this? Dragon make a fantastic 1/35th set of "Omaha Beach" figures with decals for the helmets. All in all it looks great,just a little clinical and missing the drama of the moment.Well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...